We are a
NOT FOR PROFIT
British School Muscat is a not-for-profit school. This means we have no owners or shareholders making money from the School.
The School is governed by a Board of Governors. Board members receive no compensation for work they do for British School Muscat.
All fee income is used to operate the School and any surpluses are applied to school development.
For the 2022/23 academic year, BSM’s Board of Governors has once again frozen tuition fees at 2019/20 levels.
All fees are payable in Omani Rials (OMR).
Please see below for additional fees for new pupils.
Please see our Admissions Page for information on which year group your child will be in.
|Class||Age Range||Term 1||Term 2||Term 3||Annual Fees|
|KS1 (Y1 & Y2)||5-7 yrs||2040||1530||1530||5100|
|KS2 (Y3 - Y6)||7-11 yrs||2120||1590||1590||5300|
|KS3 (Y7 - Y9)||11-14 yrs||2920||2190||2190||7300|
|KS4 (Y10 & Y11)||14-16 yrs||3280||2460||2460||8200|
|KS5 (Y12 & Y13)||16-18 yrs||3680||2760||2760||9200|
For full Terms and Conditions and information on how to apply, please see our Join Us page.
Assessment Fee: OMR 50
Payment Due: On or before the assessment day.
On receipt of your Application Form our Admissions Team will contact you to arrange an assessment and will provide you with details on how to pay the assessment fee.
Reservation Fee: OMR 300
Payment Due: Once a place has been offered.
A Reservation Fee is required to be paid, per applicant, within 14 days of receipt of an offer of a place in order to secure a place at British School Muscat. The value of the Reservation Fee will be deducted from the first term’s fees.
If for any reason the place is not subsequently taken up the Reservation Fee will be forfeited.
Refundable Deposit: OMR 100
Payment Due: Once a place has been offered.
The OMR 100 deposit is refundable when the student leaves the school provided written notice has been received one month before the end of the term of departure, all books and school resources have been returned and all fees paid up to date.
Infrastructure Fee: OMR 300 per term (for first 9 terms at BSM, max OMR 2,700) FS2 upwards
Payment Due: Termly with fees, OMR 300 a term for first 9 terms (FS2 upwards)
An infrastructure fee of OMR 300 is payable each term up to 9 terms reaching a maximum ceiling of OMR2,700.
- For children entering FS1, the Infrastructure Fee is deferred until entry into FS2 and is assessed at the applicable rate for that academic year.
- There is no need to pay the Infrastructure Fee if you are directly transferring from ABA or TAISM and have already paid a similar fee in full.
- A discount on the infrastructure fee is available for families with a third or fourth child joining the school from September 2021; 3rd child 25%, 4th child 100%
Infrastructure Fee Payment Schedule
|First Child||Second Child||Third Child||Fourth Child +|
|Term 1||OMR 300||OMR 300||OMR 225||Zero|
|Term 2||OMR 300||OMR 300||OMR 225||Zero|
|Term 3||OMR 300||OMR 300||OMR 225||Zero|
|Term 4||OMR 300||OMR 300||OMR 225||Zero|
|Term 5||OMR 300||OMR 300||OMR 225||Zero|
|Term 6||OMR 300||OMR 300||OMR 225||Zero|
|Term 7||OMR 300||OMR 300||OMR 225||Zero|
|Term 8||OMR 300||OMR 300||OMR 225||Zero|
|Term 9||OMR 300||OMR 300||OMR 225||Zero|
|Total||OMR 2,700||OMR 2,700||OMR 2,025||Zero|
School Policy Regarding Payment of Termly Fees:
- All fees must be paid in full on or before the first day of Term
- Invoices will be issued at least two weeks before the end of the previous Term
- If a pupil leaves before the end of Term, no refund will be considered
The school seeks to be as flexible as it can be in assisting parents manage the payment of fees and to help with this the following are offered:
- 5% discount for payment of the full Infrastructure Fee on or before the first date of joining.
- 5% discount for payment of full annual tuition fees on or before the first day of Term 1.
- A discount on the Infrastructure Fee is available for families with a third or fourth child joining the school from September 2021; 3rd child 25%, 4th child 100%.
The school imposes the following charges if fees are not paid when due:
- 5% charge for payment by instalments
- 5% flat rate penalty charge for late payment of tuition fees on the first occasion
- 10% flat rate penalty charge for late payment of tuition fees on the second occasion
- 15% flat rate penalty charge for late payment of tuition fees on the third occasion
There will be supplemental charges for school residential trips, some after school activities and for examinations (including GCSE, A/S, BTEC, A Levels), which will include the cost of postage and invigilation. Additional postage charges will be made for return of scripts, university admissions, and the submission of Common Entrance papers.