We are a
NOT FOR PROFIT
British School Muscat is a not-for-profit school. This means we have no owners or shareholders making money from the School.
The School is governed by a Board of Governors. Board members receive no compensation for work they do for British School Muscat.
All fee income is used to operate the School and any surpluses are applied to school development.
For the 2022/23 academic year, BSM’s Board of Governors has once again frozen tuition fees at 2019/20 levels.
All fees are payable in Omani Rials (OMR).
|Class||Age Range||Term 1||Term 2||Term 3||Annual Fees|
|KS1 (Y1 & Y2)||5-7 yrs||2040||1530||1530||5100|
|KS2 (Y3 - Y6)||7-11 yrs||2120||1590||1590||5300|
|KS3 (Y7 - Y9)||11-14 yrs||2920||2190||2190||7300|
|KS4 (Y10 & Y11)||14-16 yrs||3280||2460||2460||8200|
|KS5 (Y12 & Y13)||16-18 yrs||3680||2760||2760||9200|
For full Terms and Conditions and information on how to apply, please see our Join Us page.
Reservation Fee: OMR 350
Payment Due: Once a place is available and before entry assessments can begin.
Refundable: The reservation fee will be deducted from the first term’s fees.
The reservation fee is required to be paid to the School by an applicant who has received the provisional offer of a space and wishes to make a firm commitment to reserve that space for their child. In the event that the space is not subsequently taken up, this amount will be forfeit. If for any reason the school is subsequently unable to provide a place, this fee will be returned without deduction.
- The space will only be considered as taken on receipt of the Reservation Fee. If the parent does not wish to pay this then the next applicant on the waiting list will be offered the space under the conditions above.
The Reservation Fee will be deducted from the total fees payable when the student starts school.
Refundable Deposit: OMR 100
Payment Due: Once child is accepted
Refundable: When the student leaves school
The OMR 100 deposit is refundable when the student leaves the school provided written notice has been received one month before the end of the term of departure, all books and school resources have been returned and all fees paid up to date.
Infrastructure Fee: OMR 300 per term (for first 9 terms at BSM, max OMR 2,700) FS2 upwards
Payment Due: Termly with fees, OMR 300 a term for first 9 terms (FS2 upwards)
An infrastructure fee of OMR 300 is payable each term up to 9 terms reaching a maximum ceiling of OMR2,700.
- For children entering FS1, the Infrastructure Fee is deferred until entry into FS2 and is assessed at the applicable rate for that academic year.
- There is no need to pay the Infrastructure Fee if you are directly transferring from ABA or TAISM and have already paid a similar fee in full.
- A discount on the infrastructure fee is available for families with a third or fourth child joining the school from September 2021; 3rd child 25%, 4th child 100%
Infrastructure Fee Payment Schedule
|First Child||Second Child||Third Child||Fourth Child +|
|Term 1||OMR 300||OMR 300||OMR 225||Zero|
|Term 2||OMR 300||OMR 300||OMR 225||Zero|
|Term 3||OMR 300||OMR 300||OMR 225||Zero|
|Term 4||OMR 300||OMR 300||OMR 225||Zero|
|Term 5||OMR 300||OMR 300||OMR 225||Zero|
|Term 6||OMR 300||OMR 300||OMR 225||Zero|
|Term 7||OMR 300||OMR 300||OMR 225||Zero|
|Term 8||OMR 300||OMR 300||OMR 225||Zero|
|Term 9||OMR 300||OMR 300||OMR 225||Zero|
|Total||OMR 2,700||OMR 2,700||OMR 2,025||Zero|
School Policy Regarding Payment of Termly Fees:
- All fees must be paid in full on or before the first day of Term
- Invoices will be issued at least two weeks before the end of the previous Term
- If a pupil leaves before the end of Term, no refund will be considered
The school seeks to be as flexible as it can be in assisting parents manage the payment of fees and to help with this the following are offered:
- 5% discount for payment of the full Infrastructure Fee on or before the first date of joining.
- 5% discount for payment of full annual tuition fees on or before the first day of Term 1.
- A discount on the Infrastructure Fee is available for families with a third or fourth child joining the school from September 2021; 3rd child 25%, 4th child 100%.
The school imposes the following charges if fees are not paid when due:
- 5% charge for payment by instalments
- 5% flat rate penalty charge for late payment of tuition fees on the first occasion
- 10% flat rate penalty charge for late payment of tuition fees on the second occasion
- 15% flat rate penalty charge for late payment of tuition fees on the third occasion
There will be supplemental charges for school residential trips, some after school activities and for examinations (including GCSE, A/S, BTEC, A Levels), which will include the cost of postage and invigilation. Additional postage charges will be made for return of scripts, university admissions, and the submission of Common Entrance papers.