British School Muscat Graduate Volunteer Programme is designed to support the overall British School Muscat (BSM) community while assisting its former students in pursuing their passions to develop skills and interests in preparation for their future career aspirations. This comprehensive programme aims to provide a structured framework that nurtures personal and professional growth, fostering a lifelong connection with BSM.
- You are between the ages of 18 - 25 years old
- You are a former student of British School Muscat
- You have family in Muscat and they will provide accommodation for you
- Medical Insurance and residence card - covered within family
- You are available for a minimum of 6 weeks during the academic year
- You are be self motivated
- You are dedicated to supporting and contributing to the BSM community
- You have a skill set which will have a positive impact on the students and community
Ideally you will also be a University Graduate.
What does the programme involve?
- Learning from our experienced staff by working closely alongside them
- In-role experiences to help you develop your knowledge
- Practical experience of being in a class or school setting
What will you get at the end?
- A personalised record of achievement from the school, based on your time with us
- Experience of an international school setting that will support you in applying to international schools in the future
- An excellent opportunity to prepare for the workplace.
How to apply
We are currently accepting applications from students who would like to volunteer in the academic year 2023-24.
- You are required to write a cover letter expressing your interest in the programme, career aspirations, and how you intend to contribute to the BSM community.
- BSM will require two supporting references – one must be from your most recent school (Head Teacher) /university (Tutor) and ideally one from a current BSM member of staff.
- Please provide a copy of your degree (if applicable) and a copy of your resident I.D/ proof of Oman visa status.
- Complete the BSM Graduate Volunteer Programme application form.
Please submit your application to email@example.com.
We will respond to applications in mid August, after the summer break.
There will be an induction programme which will include safeguarding training with one of our designated safeguarding leads.
Places are limited and only the most suitable applicants, who meet the criteria above, will be selected and interviewed.
Being selected for the Graduate Volunteer Programme BSM does not guarantee you a position at the school. We welcome applications from those attending the Graduate Volunteer Programme for any vacancies that become available in the future.
Background checks will be undertaken to include social media.
No transport or accommodation will be provided by BSM.
The BSM Graduate Volunteer Programme is unpaid.